Patio pavers are becoming an extremely popular outdoor accessory due to the fact that they are affordable and if laid by professionals or even fairly competent bricklayers the result can look fantastic. Man has experimented with laying bricks into fashionable designs for centuries but we learn from time and history that some of these beautiful structures of old are unfortunate victims to weathering and strong sun. Almost any type of brick, concrete or slab tiles will eventually fall prey to the elements. To make sure you have the best patio in your neighborhood consult the internet or ask the advice of a professional about which patio pavers look great and also last long.If you’re looking for more tips, Norfolk Patio Pavers Association has it for you.
As we look through history we can see how paving has evolved into what we know it today, and as times have changed and developed so has the way in which men make pavers. In comparison to decades ago the paver slabs used today are much more reliable, stain-resistant and durable and come in almost any shape or form imaginable. This allows them to last much longer but also create paver patio designs that are worthy of a king and queen. The pavers for patio are installed over a pre-prepared compacted stone base that lies atop a stable flat bed of sand. Each stone is meticulously and carefully laid out in whichever pattern or design was agreed upon.
Some of the most popular patterns for patio pavers consist of the following:
• Circular pattern – As the name says it involves laying the pavers out methodically to create a circular or arched shape through the use and help of bricks that are shaped like wedges.
• Herringbone pattern – Boasted to be able to carry bigger loads makes this very popular. It’s used mostly for driveways and is caused by bricks that are laid at 45 or 90 degree angle patterns.
• Basket Weave – A classic pavers for patio design. This creates a design that forms a series of squares, caused by 2 bricks that make a square.
• Stretcher pattern – This is unofficially the most popular method of paver patio designs. They are either laid sideways or long ways. These are best used on pathways manipulating the effect of making the pathway look longer or shorter.
• Random- Used quite well by laying the bricks in a random mixed way with no attention paid to a specific pattern.
It’s important to note her that the design chosen has a great impact on the price of the project as some require more effort and attention to detail than others. You can make your patio look even better by getting creative around whichever pattern you choose for example; you could arrange the pavers in a color coded fashion for dramatic effect.