Are you dissatisfied with how difficult it is to sell your home in this economy? With a growing number of homes facing foreclosure, many homeowners have been forced to sell their homes and downsize to a less costly alternative in order to save money for the future.
Don’t let these statistics deter you; there are still a lot of people looking for a new home, and most of them are aware that the current housing market will provide them with a range of excellent opportunities. If you want to sell your house quickly, there are a few items you can do to make it more attractive to various types of buyers. we buy houses for cash
(1) Reduce the sale price – If you’re in a hurry to sell your home, this is the most efficient and reliable method. However, you’ll want to devote some time to determining the best price to sell it for; one option is to get a property appraisal and work from there. Also, check at the listings in your region to determine the average asking price; you could need to reduce the price by 10% to 15% to increase the chance of it being sold sooner.
(2) Sell directly to real estate investors – If you’re in a hurry and want to stop months of waiting and lengthy paperwork processes, selling directly to real estate investors may be the way to go. Most of these agencies will give you the option of paying in cash, which allows them to close the sale in a matter of days. The disadvantage is that the sale price will be significantly lower. Buying from buyers would eliminate a lot of the hassles that come with dealing with the average buyer, who will almost certainly be paying with a loan, causing you to have to wait longer for acceptance and processing of the application. Another advantage of selling directly to buyers is that they typically purchase homes “as is.” You will be given a quote for the current condition of your home and will not be required to make any additional repairs prior to the sale.
(3) Make it look nice – This should be self-evident. It might be time to complete those DIY projects you’ve been meaning to complete and clean the inside to a presentable level. Focus on the outside first, as most people can decide whether or not they want to see the inside based on how the outside looks; add a few potted plants, a fresh coat of paint, keep the lawn in order, and clean the windows. Keep the interior uncluttered; you may want to go for a depersonalised or neutral look; prospective buyers may want to imagine their own things in the house. If you have a lot of furniture in your home, consider renting a storage unit and storing a few items there during the viewing period; it will make your home more appealing. Remember that buyers make decisions within 30 seconds of walking through the door, so you’ll need the ‘wow’ factor. One tip is to over-do the first space the buyer comes into, repainting the walls, cleaning and waxing the floors, and making sure all the windows are sparkling.
(4) Sell yourself – Selling your home without the assistance of a real estate agent is a good way to save a lot of money. You can save anywhere from 6% to 7% of the purchase price by selling your home yourself. Some buyers often prefer houses that are listed as being sold directly by the owner because they are conscious that it will be marginally less expensive and that they will prevent additional complications. Going this path, however, will require additional work on your part, as you’ll need to learn about the selling process in order to ensure a fair sale, as well as answer all inquiries and give prospective buyers a tour of your home. Don’t forget that the internet is a massive classified ad space, with many websites providing free ad space to everyone.
(5) Assess your target market – Conduct your own research to identify the market in which you believe your property would sell the quickest. One demographic you would want to target is first-time home buyers; the federal tax credit is about to expire, which is encouraging young people to buy their first home. This community doesn’t have to think about selling a previous house, so they’re able to close as soon as possible. They won’t be looking for a place that needs a lot of work as new buyers, so they’ll feel at ease walking into your fully decorated home and envisioning it packed with their own belongings.